Monday, December 8, 2008

Transitioning Update!


Hello all! I just wanted to give a quick update about my transitioning status and give a tip or two to those who may be experiencing the same trials as me. First off, I brought some Fantasia Polishing Hair Gel to help me with the frizzies I have after I air dry. Surprisingly it worked!! This will definitely be one of my staples.

Yesterday was wash day and believe me I was past due...way past due. I did a clarifying wash to get the buildup out of my hair and detangled with conditioner and I lost wayyyyyy too much hair. I'm not for sure if it was because I hadn't combed my hair in days or if I'm still having a problem with my hair coming out. I started a BC around May and I'm thinking that it may be the culprit. I'm not totally sure so I will be scheduling some appointments today to see what's going on with that.

Good news is that my hair is totally detangled and I've decided to use low manipulation for the remainder of my transition. I'm bunning to reduce tangles and wearing a hair clip so that I don't constantly have to wear a ponytail. I'm not using anymore heat because I don't want to take any chances with messing up my natural curl pattern. Seriously, why go through all of this if I'm just gonna flat iron my kinks away only to find out I've damaged them too much???

Yesterday's process was very simple. I washed and detangled first. I've started to incorporate Aphogee products back into my regimen as it seems my hair is craving protein. I used Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave-In and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I applied a small amount of the Fantasia Polisher Gel lightly dabbed on the front section and tied a scarf around my head. Once the front was pretty dry, I removed the scarf and let my hair hang but used my hair clip to keep it together vs. using a ponytail holder. This worked much better for me. My hair dried flat and I minimized a lot of the poofiness that I usually have. I will definitely be doing this for the rest of my transition.


If anyone else has some great tips on transitioning...please leave a comment or send me a message. I have a quick and convenient email form at the bottom of my blog so feel free to use it.

Stay Browne, Stay Lovely


2 comments:

MSJNT said...

Good luck on your transitioning.

Brownelovely said...

Thanks! I need it just to make it through the day..LOL