Friday, December 5, 2008

Eyebrow Threading!

OMG!!! This is something that I have to try at the beginning of the new year. I'm so excited that I can barely wait. I usually get my eyebrows done by my hairstylist with a razor. She's excellent so I trust her to do the right thing (LOL).

I haven't had them done in a while (SMH) so since I went to Atlanta for Thanksgiving I was going to get them done at my favorite place in the mall...and yes you can bet I can't remember the name right now*sigh* but when I think of it I will definitely get back with you. I want to say the name is Color Me Beautiful?? Anyhow, the store is located at the main entrance of the mall and on the left side in case anyone is going to Southlake soon. It's small but the staff is VERY professional and I can't stress that enough. It's a friendly environment and they are very personable. They do the facial waxes and eyelashes also.
So if threading isn't something you want to try, give them some business!

I've been researching the whole threading deal for about 2 days now (a long time huh?) and I've watched some videos on youtube about it and found some interesting ones that may help some to learn how to do it at home. I picked two videos to post for additional info on threading in case anyone else is interested!

Disclaimer: The shop I mentioned in this post does not know anything about my blog nor did anyone ask me for advertisement. I like going there and thought if anyone else in the ATL area would like to try....it would be a good idea! Videos will be in the Eye Candy Section.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had my eyebrows threaded by a woman who has a set up in her home; her place was packed! It was a bit on the painful side and the sound of the thread made it seem as if you could hear your eyebrows being ripped out. Was it worth it...yes, I loved the way they came out!

Glamour Me Up ♥ said...

i always have my eyebrows threaded at this indian salon in atlanta...not going to lie...it hurts...a lot... especially if its your first time..(i have a low pain tolerance)..but trust me its WELL worth it...it comes out FABULOUS and it last a long time!! i LOVE it!! hit me back if you want details about the salon...its great and cheap!! good luck! ♥

Brownelovely said...

@Nikita...eeeesh @ ripping out!! LOl..I hate razors since a lady accidently nicked (sp?) me. looked like I was bleeding a river.

@ GMU...I'll definietly be hitting you up! I didn't get them done Thanksgiving since my usual lady wasn't there and I'm soooo wanting to try this!

Danyelle said...

Awwww, I remember when I was this excited to get my eyebrows threaded for the first time! lol! Make sure you go to someone who's been doing it for a while and also make sure you see some of her clients as well. All I can remember from my first threading was that it was painful and my brows were terribly uneven, ugh! Sad to say now though that I am strictly a wax girl and lovin it! Please post pics, beore and after, of the brows.

~Dany~

Brownelovely said...

@ Dany...I will definitely research! I luv how they do them at Southlake Mall it's just ONE lady that I will let do them now. Since she wasn't there, it was a no go. I'd like to try this out so I've been researching some salons and asking around. I will definitely post some B & A pics!